Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Zucchini, My Nemesis.

Zucchini. The gassiest vegetable - eVER! I've had lots of zucchini this past week. I like it. It does not, however, like me. Leftover vegetable lasagna from last week's Meatless Monday has been on the lunch menu all week. My kid's love that lasagna. My husband asked for it again this week! I wanted something new and interesting for my blog though so veggie lasagna will be made later in the week.

This Meatless Monday was a cheat. We had seafood. Something we so rarely do anymore! Being a bayou girl I CRAVE seafood. Living where I do, it's readily available if one is willing to pay the price. I'm not used to this. I come from a magical land where a neighbor will leave you an ice chest of shrimp just because they have too much. It hurts me to actually pay the ridiculous prices that most others must pay. So, shrimp were on sale at my local grocery, boy were they beautiful! I gave in and bought a couple of pounds. They participated in my Meatless Monday this week.

Again, I recognize this is not really meatless. I have decided that this week we play using "South Louisiana" rules. Around here you can "give up" meat for Lent and gorge yourself on crawfish every Friday. So I made rotini Alfredo with garden rotini. It was yum. The kid's loved it. I paired it with sauteed squash and zucchini. Mom and Dad thought it was yum. The kids wouldn't go near it. And then there were the spiced pan seared shrimp. I loved them! My kids do not eat shrimp. For this I am thinking of selling them to a nice northern family...

So, what do you think? Shrimp...meat or no?

No comments:

Post a Comment