Friday, August 5, 2011

Meatless Monday

So, today I'm feeling pretty good. Yesterday, we tried our first "Meatless Monday". We started simple, taking textured vegetable protein and seasoning it like taco meat. I also made Spanish rice with brown rice instead of white.

My husband thought that you can't really tell the difference between the TVP and meat (other than a slight texture difference). If he was impressed that's pretty darn good because he's a foodie like I am. My kids (who are 5 years and 2 years) ate it like it was going out of style. They had no idea Mom had done anything differently! So that's one for the keeper pile.

Now I'm trying to brainstorm for next week. I like eggplant. I wonder if the children could be tricked into eating an eggplant lasagna. I love lasagna.

So I'm sitting here, eating a nectarine, drenched in sweat and rain. And I'm feeling quite accomplished. I was trying to be nice to my husband and get the lawn mowed before the (inevitable) afternoon rain showers. It's 10 am and the rain came a little early. I DID get the back yard mowed all by myself! And I burned a few calories in the process. So now I'm going to take a shower and see what the rest of this week will bring. Hopefully lots more good choices...and a veggie lasagna.

No comments:

Post a Comment