Friday, August 5, 2011

Meatless Mondays and Bandwagons

Well, Last week I fell off the bandwagon. Ok, that's only partially true. I dangled my legs from the back of the bandwagon and dragged my feet in the dirt. I ate things I shouldn't have, but logged every bite. Except for maybe that one piece of cake... But I quickly pulled my legs back into the wagon after I stepped on the scale. Two pounds down. Most probably water that I'll gain back at "that time of the month" but I care not. Two pounds is two pounds.

I struggle with rebellion. Fighting constraints at every turn. Some people are free spirited; apparently I'm a free eater. I despise logging every bite that goes into my mouth. It's not just mildly annoying to me, it's loathsome! As is jumping all over my living room huffing and puffing while some way too perky person does the same with the greatest of ease in TV land. This is why I have yet to find a form of exercise that suits me. I must feel I'm accomplishing something. Not obscure results miles down the road. Something tangible, which today happened to be polishing my living room furniture to within an inch of its life. I really need to take up gardening.
I buck against restrictions, but I'm trying to remember why I'm doing this: for my family; for myself. I'm eating a little better than I used to. The flatbread pizza I made myself for lunch today was phenomenal. Food I can get into. If only I could get into exercise! One of these days I'll find something that inspires me.

Meatless Monday got derailed this week and was picked back up tonight. (Totally Veggie Tuesday? Not nearly as catchy.) I followed a recipe I found at Foodnetwork.com. Paula Deen's "Garden Full Of Goodness Lasagna" was a hit! My 5 year old helped me make it. He thought it was "delicious!". My 2 year old said "sketties!" and ate like someone might take it from her if it stayed there too long. My hubby, who is not a squash fan, was very impressed. I used whole grain lasagna noodles instead of the no boil ones the recipe calls for, and I soaked them in hot water for 20 minutes before I used them. It just came out perfectly! I'm adding that one to the recipe box!

So, all in all, not a bad week. I could have made better choices sometimes, but there's no use beating myself up over it now. Time to move on and try my very best TODAY. And that's how I'll make it. One step; one good choice at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment