Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Friends for Dinner

Veggie Lasagna has made another appearance in our home. I was a little apprehensive about carrying on with Meatless Monday this week when I discovered my brother (the junk food junkie) and his wife were coming to visit. I finally told myself (yes, I talk to myself often) that I'd go ahead with Meatless Monday and, if they weren't game, I'd offer them something else I had laying around. I was still uneasy with the decision. Does this make me a bad hostess? So instead of saying, 'we're having veggie lasagna tonight', I kind of left the 'veggie' word out. My husband got home and spilled the beans though. I think my sister-in-law may have been a little concerned about it, but my brother dug in with gusto (as he does with all things involving food). He liked it! And I think she did too. So a win for Meatless Monday! Hooray!

As for the rest of the week, my oldest has just started 1st grade. Being a home schooler, that means I have also started 1st grade. I'm learning to read and write, and to have good manners. I'm singing ridiculous songs, and making silly voices as I read animal stories. I'm having fun! I am not, however, exercising. In any way, shape or form. I'm teaching, keeping my house clean and cooking. My choices are better, I watch to make sure I don't eat too many calories. I haven't weighed myself in a while though. I think, for now, I'm content to try to make sure I keep my eating under control. It's my biggest stumbling block. My second biggest is finding a form of exercise I love and that keeps me entertained. I'll just trip over one at a time, thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment