Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Change Does The Body Good

Change. Some of us shrink from it, run from it, despise it. Others try to change themselves to be something they are not. Still others try to change the people around them into what they believe is ideal.

Change. It hurts. Sometimes someone we love gently, lovingly points out the need for change in our lives. We don't want to change though because change isn't ever comfortable. So we ignore the wisdom offered to us. We run from what we know should be. Only to eventually realize we have no choice but to change. And now it's gonna REALLY hurt. Why don't we just listen the first time? Pride? Stubbornness? Fear of the unknown? A little of all three? Who knows, but here we are on the cliff we've run ourselves to. All it takes is the courage to step into the unknown.  

This week I will make a change. I will have my All In moment with God. A change I've known was better for my body and my life, but I lacked the courage to make it because it means closing a door and never looking back. The door won't be just closed. The house I'm coming from will be burned to the ground.  It's hard. It's scary. And it's gonna hurt. But I've never been more sure of anything in my life. So here I go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment