Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Veggies, Veggies Everywhere!!

I have three meatless meals planned this week...3! Yesterday, for me, was a completely meatless day. Mostly because I found a new smoothie recipe that I liked so much, I decided to have it twice. Mmm smoothies. This was was suspiciously dubbed the "Green Monster". This made me slightly wary. Then I saw the blogger's picture of it and was downright frightened. I had already committed though so I dove in. She describes this smoothie as tasting like a guilty treat. And it really does! Your penance for indulgence? Staring at a glass of bright green liquid. If you can get past the color, it's awesomely delicious. And you know what? I can get past the color. My sister-in-law was over yesterday at lunchtime when I made the Green Monster for the second time. She was just as disturbed as I was the first time, but I mean who wouldn't be disturbed by something that looks like blended up grass? She tried a sampling though and was impressed with the fact that you can't taste the spinach....and there's LOTS of it in there. But it tastes like a peanut butter banana shake. I think I'll be having one again for lunch today...

Yesterday's dinner was a Mexican Lentil Stew that I got by stumbling across a blog called Budget Bytes (link ALL the things!) I think my lucky "Pin It!" button and I will be further exploring this blog for meal ideas. Yes, I know. Mexican food again. At least this time there are no tortillas. The blogger suggested dipping tortilla chips in this stew but I'm sure you can guess that I did not take this suggestion. I have started logging calories so I was excited to find that this stew is extremely low calorie. We served it over rice....because we're Cajun. My kids said "beans and rice!" and ate it like it was going out of style. My husband made lots of yummy sounds and said multiple times that it was really good. I thought it was excellent too. It had a smoky flavor from the fire roasted tomatoes and all the spices. Don't leave out the lime juice. I think it really needs it to brighten up that heavy smokiness. So, I'm guessing I've added a new recipe to my collection.

Speaking of, I've really got to go through the recipes in my box. There are so many pieces of copy paper crumpled up in there that I can't hardly put the lid on anymore. It's ridiculous. I'm sure that there are recipes in there that I'll never make again. Those need to go away. Then, the ones that I'm going to keep should be transferred to cards that actually fit inside the box...yeah...that's gonna happen soon...

Tonight, we're having hamburgers and fries. I really should have put that on a day when I go to the gym...Thursday and Friday though are going to be meatless dinners too! Thursday is veggie lasagna (the recipe for that is posted on my recipe tab). And Friday is baked potatoes. I may cheat Friday though and sprinkle some bacon on my potato. Bacon.....

All my clothes are too big. While most think of this as a good problem, I can't afford to replace them . I guess I know what I'll be asking for for Christmas. Maybe I should take to Craigslist too. Seriously. My wardrobe is pitiful.....

No comments:

Post a Comment