Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cheese Enchiladas...Part Dos!

Dance for joy with me, oh readers, for I have moved farther into the realm of blogging. I HAVE UPLOADED PICTURE!

Picture Mighty Blogger has uploaded.
 I decided that, this week I would take a picture of my yummy cheese enchiladas. I modified the recipe to add flavor and nutrition. I added a cup of cauliflower purée into the cheese filling. This made the filling spread farther and added to my peace of mind...I fed them veggies! I also added more diced chiles for a little kick. The best part is that, had I not said anything, my family wouldn't have known there was cauliflower in it. Which is the nature of cauliflower I suppose.


The cheese enchiladas were everything you would expect them to be. Cheesy, creamy, a little spicy and all for around 130 calories per enchilada!

I also took the easy way out with sides. I made rice and warmed up some Ranch Style beans.

My oldest child loved it so much he asked for it for lunch today. Of course he is his father's child, which means an ingrained love of Mexican food.

My youngest ate the enchilada when I fed it to her, but she preferred the rice and beans. Of course she is her mother's child...

My husband seemed pleasantly surprised by the changes. He really enjoyed it. I think he'll shed a tear if he doesn't get to eat the leftovers.

My brother ate with his usual gusto last night, but chose to eat enchiladas again for lunch today. This is a sure indicator that he liked it as well. My sister-in-law hasn't tried the enchiladas since she has been working a lot at our local sandwich shop. She eats lots of sandwiches. Poor her. I hate sandwiches.

I didn't lose any weight last week. I didn't gain any weight last week. I take this as a victory. Meatless Monday was a rousing success. Victory number....Dos! I'm piling them up. Let's see what else I can do.

2 comments: