Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Meatless Mondays and....Golden Arches

Well, this Monday was far from meatless. We had a family emergency that put us on the road at supper time. Now, for those of you who are not my husband, you probably do not know that I am very much an emotional eater. I was upset when we pulled into a place that we haven't gone in ages. You know, the place where the meals make kids happy. Because I was upset, I told my husband to order me the "Giant Meat O' Sandwich". He asked me if I wanted just the sandwich or the meal. I shamefully mumbled "meal" and ate the whole thing. Well, that's only partially true. I left a few crispy fries. I hate crispy fries.

So I ate it. The Giant Meat O' Sandwich. The medium french fries. And I drank the soda too. And you know what? It wasn't as good as I remember it being. And I was still as upset as I was before I ate the 7 trillion calories. And now my IBS is kicking my behind because I made bad choices. Will I ever be able to control my emotional eating? I don't know. I do know my kids were over the moon about getting to eat fast food. They thought it must be a special occasion! My poor, deprived, healthy, nutritionally balanced children. My oldest picked up his first fry and, before eating it with relish, said, "too much of this food isn't good for my body, but it sure does taste yummy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment