Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Creamy Rock Soup?

Meatless Monday, the challenges you bring to me. I had it all together this week. I was set. I knew what I was making when I woke up Monday morning. I went to the store and grabbed what I needed to make Slow Cooker Healthy Potato Soup. I decided that, since I have such a crowd to feed, I should double my recipe. My slow cooker is not nearly big enough for that, so I pulled out my trusty soup pot and got to cooking. I put the soup to simmer at 12:30. I stirred it periodically and at 4:00 I checked the doneness of my potatoes. Not even CLOSE to done! I thought that was odd. So I cranked up the heat to a rolling boil. At 6:00 they still weren't soft! I don't know if it was something I did, or if I have a bag of mutant potatoes. My husband's exact words were, "they're done, because they don't have that raw potato dirt taste, but they're not soft." Weird. He also said it was too "carroty". Everyone ate it and smiled. There's a bunch in the fridge. It's probably not going to be touched again. It's frustrating because it's such a great low calorie meal. Maybe I'll tackle it again one day. Teenage Mutant Ninja Potatoes vs. Daisy.

Speaking of battles, my battle with weight has been going much better than my battle with root vegetables. I stepped on the scale. More out of curiosity than anything. I've lost eight pounds. I had to do a double take. I wasn't even trying that hard! I walked on the treadmill a couple of times last week. I watched what I put in my mouth. Amazing that doing what one is supposed to actually produces results!

My husband has requested the cheese enchiladas again, and what hubby wants hubby gets. So stay tuned to see if I figure out how to beef up the nutrition in that yummy dish!

And, if you're looking to be inspired by an amazing weight loss journey check out All The Weigh. What she's been able to do is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment