Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lentils.....and Yogurt

But not together! This week our meatless meal was lentils and rice. Dad was out of town and we invited Grandma over for dinner. She liked my lentils. I'm so proud! :) All the children, even the newest additions were all about eating some rice and "beans" the littles don't exactly get what a lentil is but when I said "bean" their little Cajun hearts leapt with joy!

Lentils were not my shining culinary moment this week though. I made Greek yogurt.....in my slow cooker! I came across a recipe and "pinned" it. The recipe was simple and effective! I was so happy that I MADE organic Greek yogurt for much less than I would have paid to buy it.

Yesterday the children had a yummy breakfast of silver dollar pancakes and fruit. They dipped it all in home made yogurt sweetened with a little bit of local honey. I felt so wholesome while I watched them chow down as I sipped on my fancy smoothie made of bananas, soy milk and dates.

Soon I'll be experimenting with another "pinned" recipe for "Summer Porridge". I'm excited to try it. I wonder if the kids will like it. Stay tuned...

I'm still going to the gym regularly, which is a miracle from God only made possible by my husband's insistence that I get away. I take a class that gives me some toning exercises since I've overcome the weirdness of going to a class. I have NOT overcome the weirdness of standing in the gym and reading the sticker that shows how to use the machine...so class it is. My favorite part though is biking. Weird. My in-laws cycle and I'm always making fun of them and their long bike rides. Here I am though on a stationary bike going 12, 13, 14 miles and enjoying it! I wonder if I'd go farther if I hadn't just gotten out of a one hour exercise class. I still don't see myself ever getting into a pair of those ridiculously tight padded shorts....

No comments:

Post a Comment