Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bread Bowls and....Classes

Tonight was meatless Tuesday. I don't even want to know how many calories were in the broccoli and cheese soup served in a homemade bread bowl! My husband does know, but I asked him not to tell me. It was good though. The kids loved it. They also thought it was cool that they could eat their "bowl". The smaller ones did not grasp the concept and started to eat the bowl before the soup. Dad intervened before mess ensued though.

Speaking of my husband, he's Super dad. He's been shooing me out the door a couple times a week so that I feel I must come to the gym and workout. And now I have a friend who has joined my gym. The classes I had sworn I'd never try because I'd feel stupid? Yeah. She talked me into one. Zumba of all things! I just finished doing an hour of it. Worse? It wasn't that bad. I almost had fun (except for stumbling all over myself because I don't know the moves....and those moves! Ladies, they are not for chaste women!) I don't dance, especially like that!

So, after broccoli cheese soup and half a bread bowl...after one hour of Zumba...guess where I'm typing this. On the app on my phone, on a recumbent bike. Yes, my friends, I think a monster has indeed been created. And maybe, just maybe, I will have burned enough calories for cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment