Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Momma hides spinach....and they don't care!

This week we had a pretty good Meatless Monday. I made a recipe that I pulled out of a magazine ages ago. Spinach Mac and Cheese. I was a little nervous since the spinach is very visible. Will my kids eat it? And the answer is....YES! And they didn't even ask me, "what's this green stuff?" They just heard the words "mac and cheese". They were committed. Dad and I thought the recipe lacked something. Maybe it would be better with my usual cheese sauce. So I modified the recipe I posted in Spinach Mac and Cheese to reflect changes I would make next time. I'd love to hear your opinions about this recipe!

I haven't made very good choices this week. I don't feel well, and it shows in my eating. I just want to curl up and eat ice cream because my throat hurts and my ears hurt...Actually, I had ice cream for breakfast this morning. Sigh. Will I ever break loose of these bad habits?  Well I can try one day at a time, one meal at a time. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have laundry to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment