Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Another One for the Box!

This week I did not exercise any more, but I DID find an awesome recipe that everyone loves! You win some, you lose some...

So, I found this recipe on Ready, Set, Eat! It's called Spinach Walnut Penne, and it was a hit! First, let me tell you a little about Ready, Set, Eat. This is a meal planning website which will allow you to search recipes based on a main ingredient (or meatless), how much time you have, and even what's on sale in your local grocery store. I signed up for a weekly email that I kind of forgot all about.

Monday morning, as I was weeding through the enormous amounts of email that seem to come to my inbox in the middle of the night, I was going "WHAT AM I GOING TO COOK TONIGHT?!?!" (I totally just typed that while holding down the shift key...who needs caps lock?) There it was, email number 6,752....Ready, Set, Eat "4 Delicious Vegetarian dinners" I heard "Hallelujah Chorus". I read the email and decided that Spinach Walnut Penne sounded super tasty. I was really excited about it actually.

I had everything in the house except for spinach and walnuts....off to the store it is. This meal took all of maybe 30 minutes to prepare. That made me happy. It tasted great. That made me AND everyone else happy. The only critique we had was that my husband didn't care for the crunchiness of the walnuts mixed in with everything else. Maybe if I had followed instructions and chopped the walnuts it wouldn't have been so noticeable. Oops. Maybe next time, because there will be a next time for this dish. Soon.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog as I'm trying to lose weight & eat more healthfully too. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading! :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete