Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lentils and Causes

What a week I have had! I did manage to pull off Meatless Monday with a little help from a bag of lentils I was gifted. I had only made lentils once before, and I didn't do a marvelous job of it. This time, though, I had the advice of an older, wiser cook to follow.

Lentils are very small and cook much faster than other dry legumes, so it didn't take long for them to be tender and ready to eat. I flavored the lentils with a pork bone and some chicken base. I felt like a depression era housewife making every little bit stretch. They came out great though! My brother wasn't feeling as inclined to go meatless as I so he managed to scrape a little meat off of those pork bones. I really enjoyed the lentils, and my kids did too. So much that I will add this to my growing list of meatless recipes. And lentils are easy on my grocery budget. Always a plus!


I managed to lose a few more pounds this past week, simply because I was too busy and stressed to eat properly. I usually eat when I'm stressed so it's weird I went the opposite way. I guess because busyness came with the stress. I'm afraid that, because those few pounds were lost in an unhealthy way, they'll come right back. I guess time will tell. For now, it's to try and get myself back to where I need to be.

I don't make a habit of plugging things on my blog, but bear with me, there are a couple of things I want to plug today.

1) The Kitchenaid giveaway at All The Weigh. I really want to win!

2) The Wesley Fitch Healing Fund. Click on the name to bring you to the website where you can find out more about this story and donate electronically. We'd appreciate any help we can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment