Monday, January 28, 2013

Manic Mondays

Oh man the busyness! The weekend before last my husband ran his second ever marathon, AND did it 15 minutes faster than last year! That was the Sunday. The day before, our almost seven year old ran a 1.2 mile race. I was so proud of them both that I stood at the finish line crying the whole time. I was emotional...


Have you ever had one of those days where nothing....and I mean NOTHING goes right? Yeah. I had one of those on Friday. I just wanted to give the whole thing back and start over! But, after Friday, things started to look up...I mean at that point where else could things look? After the massive fail that was Friday, I threw my sister-in-law a baby shower and it turned out rather well (if I do say so myself). Then Sunday came and I enjoyed it because Sunday probably is my favorite day of the week. We get to go to church and worship and sit and listen to what the man of God has been given to say....This week he stepped on my toes just a little. I am a champion procrastinator. Guess what the message was about? So yeah, I've determined I'm going to stop wasting so much time. I started UN-procrastinating by getting up and going to the gym this morning (like I always do) but instead of showering and crawling back in bed like usual I ate breakfast and started straightening up the mess that is my living room. By the time the first kid woke up I was standing in the middle of the room feeling pretty accomplished!

Last week we had a delicious pasta dish on Meatless Monday (I love pasta). I adapted a recipe to be meatless AND to not use oil to sauté the veggies because...uh...calories! It's called penne rosa. It's a tomato cream sauce but instead of using cream and butter it's got fat free yogurt. Everyone enjoyed it even more than the spinach walnut penne I've made and everyone (even the picky three year old) said they'd eat it again. Score one for Momma! Look for the recipe on my recipe tab.

Speaking of going to the gym this morning (which I did somewhere up there) I set the stationary bike on a harder program that I normally do. Halfway through this program I did the math and was like "alright! If I keep going like this I'll go farther than I've ever gone!" But shortly after that I was pretty sure I was going to die. I slowed way down and it looked like I wasn't going to make it as far as I thought after all. I heard the little voice in my mind say "nope. You're not going to do it." Then, I felt determined. I said to myself, "It's possible...pig...that I don't have the strength to finish strong" But I kicked in the afterburner and said "drop your sword..." Then I grinned like a crazy lady...because I'm hilarious....and because I was going to finish strong because I wanted it...I wonder if anyone around me noticed the crazy person grinning at her internal conversation with herself. I hope not. I'd hate to get kicked out of the gym for creeping the other people out.....



3 comments:

  1. "It's conceivable...that I’m only lying here because I lack the strength to stand. But, then again… perhaps I have the strength after all."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree you are very funny. I love your sense of humor! I believe it is not how we finish but that we stick with it to finish. Good job!! And really happy I found your blog. Now I will read back and see what I missed and maybe leave other comments lol. See you Sunday. This is Kim Turner btw lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Thanks Ms. Kim. Glad to see you here! :)

    ReplyDelete