Wednesday, September 25, 2013

All Nighters and Unusual Behaviors

Yesterday was kind of a busy day. I had a great visit with my mom, we finished school work (I have a Kindergartener AND a 3rd grader now!) I made pizza (low carb crust for me of course) and even cleaned house! Ok only a little, but still! 

All that was finished. The dishes were done. I could think of 5,000 other things I could also do. What do I choose? I paint my nails. Anyone inside my closest circles knows it's been several years since I bothered to paint my nails. Toenails, yes. Fingernails? I just don't bother. It doesn't stay on long enough to warrant all that work! Am I gaining such self confidence that I care what my claws look like? Probably not. But it's nice to pamper myself once in a while. I wonder how many hours the polish will stay on THIS time....

I've been doing lots of things lately that are....unusual. At least unusual for me! 

1) I eat grapefruit

2) I enjoy eating the grapefruit

3) I put lime in my water...I have never liked lime

4) I miraculously now enjoy lime!

5) I have worked out a total of three days this week. And we're only on day number three!

6) I have not had solid chocolate in a while. 

7) I have shaved my legs at least twice in one lunar cycle. 

Who am I?! 

Last weekend I was a chaperone at our church's annual girls' sleepover. So, we're talking kids. Not just kids. Girls. Almost 30 giggly girls. They needed fuel to make it through the night. Lots of sugary fuel. I knew I wasn't going to stay low carb that night, but I didn't realize just how many carbs a person can consume in the course of a night....or how cruddy you can feel afterwards when you're not used to eating that way!

Let's start with dinner Friday night. I had a corn dog. Ok I had TWO corn dogs. And that was the last protein I had for at least 12 hours. A wiener....wrapped in carbs. There were chips and cookies and cake and brownies and honey buns and......then breakfast of cereal and cinnamon rolls and biscuits and fruit and powdered doughnuts and....

By the time I left the church my body was begging me for an egg! I had that sugar crash feeling. Meanwhile the kids are all bright and bushy tailed asking for more! 

Not very much of me has changed though. Sure I painted my nails but I really miss solid milk chocolate. I still despise running, yet I have managed to partake in this loathsome activity no less than THREE times this week!! Me wants a Hershey Bar. Me must persevere....




No comments:

Post a Comment